Mentorship

Monday, September 22, 2008

Yes I am There

Where loneliness pinches
Where companions seem distant
Where longing belongs
With hope still constant

Scared and shrinking
My heart I see
Ever wondering
Who will I be

A beacon of hope
A story untold
A friend for life
Or lonely and quiet

Why do I look for joy around
When I know peace lies within
Am I right or am I wrong
To think and believe that I am strong

Sharing and caring
Forgiving and forgetting
Loving and smiling
Still shining

A shoulder to cry
To sense I belong
A challenge to crack
Is all I ask

A friend who will hug
A conversation forthcoming
A smile ready to embrace
Keeps me going

A kid in me beams and says
Everyday is a new beginning
Hold your head high and march along
The sun will shine today and carry you far

All I do is run along
Hoping against hope to work it all
Painting a picture of endless possibilities
Of joy and dreams and undying trust

--Anonymous (means that i know but will not tell)

No comments: