Mentorship

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Love & Life

My Sister just gave birth to a baby boy. So I thought I would take this opportunity and talk about life. Life as it happens. I have written a lot about both love & life but never touched this aspect of it ever. Simple reason I am a guy. What do I know about it? Not much. Anywz here are a few simple thoughts about it.

There are two kinds of pain that has been discribed as the most unbrearable. One is some kind of illness I forgot the name of and second one is delivering a baby. A birth of a new life. Amazing. One pain no one wants to go thorugh even once. And the other you would want to go over and over.

One place you will see unconditional love. Love at it's purest form is right there. The nine month that a mother spends with her baby inside her body. It is her life, her soul. A birth of a new life.

In a relationship it's always about me and us: my life, my happiness, my wish, our life, our happiness. But throw a baby in the mix and everything changes. It's no longer me or us. It's always the baby. We move on to the higher life form.

The eyes that always saw dreams for itself, suddenly sees dreams for it's child. The hand that always extended to protect itself extends to protect that tiny life form. Decades of love for oneself becomes so insignificant for the love of a few years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations man....May God bless him..

Tracy said...

hi bob! tracy here =) congrats on your baby nephew.. i miss my niece and nephew back in singapore!

ESIH said...

thnx a lot n whts up with you?been a hell lot busy these days!

Ujjwal said...

Mubarak ho paaji...tussi chetti chetti papaji bhi ban jao..tab asi twade naal sadde bhatije noo milne kathmandu aawange..;)

(congrats dude, now u become a father at the earliest and I shall come to visit you to Kathmandu)

Anonymous said...

It's almost two months...you may need to update.

Bob said...

Yeah I should but time and topic r scarce these days

Ujjwal said...

paaji koi naya article bhi daal do..