Mentorship

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

About my faith

Do you believe in God? If you do, then you must definitely believe in devil. The counter balance. If you believe in good you have to believe in evil. Jesus and Satan go hand in hand. But do I really believe in god? It’s a yes and a no. Yes is because I do believe in god but no since I don’t believe in the conventional god. Conventional?? You know the almighty savior of the world. The single being behind the human and the protector and the punisher of all and blah blah…

My god is different. He is not there to award you or punish you. He is not there to keep our records so that our after life can be decided. He does not provide justice cause he is not a judge. God for me a driving force, my moral support, the last person I can believe in when I have lost faith on myself. I can’t believe in a god who sits out there handing out entry tickets to heaven and hell on the price that we have paid in our lifes. I can’t believe in a god who causes disasters to punish the unworthy and kills people for a grand design. I can’t believe in a god whose wisdom I can’t question. My god has no wisdom. I can question his action anytime I like. My god is all giving. He keeps track of no sins. Anyone who wants to believe in him can do so and have faith in him. When you have no one and feeling lonely he will be there for you with no regards to your religion, faith and actions.

My god does not believe in grand destiny. He does not interfere with mother nature. A doctor with however noble cause will suffer if not careful. A thief/robber however evil will not be struck by lightening just when walking down the street.

I read somewhere the meaning of peace is to be able to stay relaxed and grow in the midst of chaos and help your fellow beings. My god gives me that peace and nothing more. For everything else there is nature and a set of rules that will be followed no matter what and that guarantees that no one can interfere with life making it possible for us to lead it normally. Otherwise think of a world which was made up of exceptions for good and bad people how chaotic would that be.

No comments: