Mentorship

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Behind Every Face There is Always

Since I wrote this topic, I have a had a couple of people ask me to complete it. I would like to thank these people from the bottom of my heart for taking so much interest in the little tit-bits that I write now and then, so here is my feelings on this.

"Don't Judge a Book by it's cover." A cover is only a view of what could be inside. It gives a starting point to make a story in the book. A face, must be the most wonderful creation of God. It tells a lot about a person just as a cover of the book does but at the same time it hides a lot about a person. Behind every face that we see lies another self which only a few intimate people share, the people who take the pain of reading that book.

Unlike the cover of the book, a Face is so wonderful cause of it's ability to act as a "chameleon". It gives us the power to hide our true self behind Veil. The face that different people see in different light as we intend them to see.

But behind every face there is a self, there is that story that has shaped us, that has made who we are. U know why most of relationships fail. It's cause our inability to look behind the face.

You know when you trust someone completely when you shed the cover and the story is there for the person to see. The face that I present to different people are different. It is influenced by what the person sitting opposite me expects to see. and don't we all do that.

I believe we choose a friend as we choose a book. We pick it up look at the cover and if it's inviting, we turn it back and read the review, review of what people who have read it think about it. Doesn't matter they have understood it or not. Doesn't matter if that person understood what the writer was trying to convey. That's how we pick friends. We find someone and ask around/listen to what others have to say about the person. And if we like what we hear, you have a friend out there waiting for you. Doesn't matter the person whose opinion we so highly regard actually read what's there behind the face or not. And even if they read whether they understood it or not.

I have had three people become friends with me on the basis of what they heard about me from other people. The source whom even I would not highly trust casue they were shown the face of me that I felt they needed to see. These people never tried reading the real me. What triggers me? What makes me happy? What makes me sad?

These are small things but they are what the whole point of the relationship is all about. You read a book, and after turning the last page you should feel close to the writer. If you don't you havn't understood anything.

As I was saying to a friend of mine over the chat, there are two things that can unveil the person behind the face, one is their eyes and the other is their diary. These two things never lie.

God is a toy for adults to play with, similarly face is the toy for relationships to play with. Reach behind the face and touch the true person. That's when you touch the person and a bond is shared, a bond which is more powerful then everything else in the world. Ever wondered why twins are so attached to each other that they can feel each other's pain and sorrow and happiness.

Behind a face there is a human fighting to come out. But we don't let it. In fear of what other people will think. What's funny about this is that, it's the same with everyone. Each and everyone of us are trying so hard to hide the self. If only we all could be free and let it roll out.

I know I would offend some people by what I have written but you have to understand that you are equally guilty, not with me maybe but with other people. You might have been true to me but then there is always someone out there who has never seen, experienced the self behind the face

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hie,
sure u know me!
good
well, i have no idea how u happen to come up with this title but i like it except leaving the statement a bit unclear or half stated

hear u when u r done with this topic, all the best
urs fren
**********@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Good one...there are some things which I instantly agree, like e.g, one should not tend to paint a picture of a person only by what he/she hears from other people.( I read you blog before chatting with you :-)
But there are certain things which I do not agree...certain statements which you made on the flow like "God is a toy for adults to play with...".
I am no big fanatic but I beleive it more about building your trust and faith....(another time for the whole thing)
But all in all...good , liked it, enjoyed it.
Now...what was the guy.. you were talking about ;-)..