Mentorship

Friday, August 19, 2005

Lonely, Shallow, Superficial

Thousands of miles away from home, alone in a new world. Friends, Family, Home, Life all left behind for something new and different and exciting. I am not alone. There were thousands before me and there are thousands with me and there will be thousands after me. Nothing will be the same again for anyone of them.

Everyone is in the same situation. Everyone is trying to live a life which does not belong to them. But we all are critical. Suddenly I am surrounded by new people. Swept off my feet by the names and faces. But in this crowd I again feel Lonely, Shallow and Superficial.

Why do we do this to ourself. Why don't we take people at their face value. Why do we have to mistrust every individual that crosses our path. Why can't people except me for who I am.

Life is wonderful. But it is short too. Our life is critical of us. We should not always waste time trying to figure out the outside of the person but to know him from inside. Ask questions that are relevent to know the soul, not the person.

Do I belive in love at first sight. Yes I do. Why? Cause I have seen it. Cause I have felt it. A relationship needs time to develop but should not take time to start. I believe in that first eye contact. It should be enough to tell you who your friends are. The rest is all superficial.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Same here tim. I take your friendship in the highest regards