Mentorship

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Who can hurt us most?

Ever wonder who can hurt us the most?? I have. I got different answers everytime I asked myself this question. Reason, cause I asked this question to myself only when I got hurt. And then the person who just hurt me was on the top of the list. My parents, my friends, my family, my girlfriend u name it everyone has sometime or other, for some reason or other has been in the list.

Then one day I did some self searching. What was common whenever I got hurt. The common factor was tht the people who could hurt me was not someone off the street. It was always someone who I trusted, who i thought was on my corner, ppl i cared for. What does this mean. Why is it tht the we love the most and those who can hurt us the most.

But there was something missing in this whole puzzle. I was missing something or someone. Well just hit me. I was missing me. It was me getting hurt everytime. So something must be wrong with me.

The only person who can hurt me is me. I can decide for myself whether I want to be hurt. It's all about me. So basically if you don't want ppl to hurt you. you have to stop hurting yourself first.

We can only hurt ourself the most. Have faith in yourself and your actions and no one can hurt you. I have let many people hurt me and I still let them do. It's not easy, when someone matters to you very much, that person virtually has the key to your mood. Save yourself.

That does not mean you don't get close to ppl. But it means that you don't give them the key to your mood. Let them not run your life. Don't let them decide when you are happy, don't let them decide when you should be sad. Don't let them hurt you and make sure you don't hurt anyone.

Whenever you feel like hurting someone, remeber the time you got hurt. It was not preety and the person will not find it preety either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they can hurt us more whom we love
---------- tamanna